Monday, January 3, 2011

Jumble Jumper

Some of us, given the choice, would prefer to spend a day at a tranquil day spa where the calm, uncluttered atmosphere rids our minds of distractions and soothes away the stresses of daily life.  Not me. A little creative excitement is just the thing to relieve my jangled nerves. When I jump into a jumble of discarded vintage items, it just gets my creative juices pumping.

All I see are art supplies waiting to be upcycled to new beauty and functionality. Consequently, every item I purchase has to "speak" to me before I buy it.  I make my decisions by using the pick-up/pause method. If a creative use comes to mind while I am holding an object, then it goes into the basket, if not, it's back on the shelf.  I search for multiples, that way I can design kits and tutorials knowing I can offer others the chance to make them without having to search for months to find the elements they need.  My kits, tutorials and vintage supplies will all be available in my Etsy shop.


Needless to say, after years of shopping towards this goal,  I'm stocked up with a "motherlode" of creative art elements.  I'm finally ready to jump into the jumble and start creating .  I plan to blog about vintage art elements, post product photos, nurture creative community in the comments sections, and meet and introduce other artists who share the same kinds of creative impulses.  I'm looking forward to a fun year ahead, join me and jump on in.

No comments:

Post a Comment